At a time when our demands of the ocean are expanding at an unprecedented rate—and the consequences of our piecemeal way of managing this life giving resource are becoming abundantly clear—the time has come for a fresh approach, based on stewardship through cooperation. Here are some ways to learn more and get involved.
1) Follow Ocean Frontiers on social media!
2) Check Out Ocean Planning Moving Ahead
- Regional Ocean Collaboration Information, Healthy Oceans Coalition
- National Ocean Council’s Implementation Plan
- National Ocean Council’s Marine Planning Handbook
- Northeast Regional Planning Body
- Mid-Atlantic Ocean Data Portal
- Washington Marine Spatial Planning
- The Rhode Island Ocean Special Area Management Plan: Managing Ocean Resources Through Coastal and Marine Spatial Planning - A Practitioner’s Guide
- British Columbia Marine Spatial Planning
3) Host a Screening of Ocean Frontiers!
We’ve made it easy and free. Fill out the form and we’ll send you a DVD, step-by-step Screening Toolkit, discussion guides and more to help you make your event a splashing success!
4) Dive deeper into each of the stories featured in Ocean Frontiers.
Check out links to their work, new video clips, and opportunities to get involved and connect.
- Saving Whales at Stellwagen Bank
- An Ocean Blueprint for Florida
- Iowa Farmers & the Gulf of Mexico
- Port Orford Fishermen Protect Ocean & Way of Life