You can share the films with your colleagues, friends and groups by signing up to host your own screening. We’ll send you DVDs or download links for free and an online screening toolkit to make it easy.
2) Contact Your Elected Representatives
- Find your Congressional representatives
- Find your State legislators – You may also text your postal address to 520-200-2223 and you’ll get a text back with the names and numbers of your Federal and State Representatives and Senators.
- Suggested language (pdf) – please feel free to adapt it as you like.
- Call Your Representatives – A quick call is much better than an email. Identify yourself as a constituent and ask to speak with the staff member responsible for tracking the senator/representative’s position on ocean planning.
- Guide on how to effectively talk to your Member of Congress
3) Stay Informed
- Subscribe to the Ocean Frontiers monthly email newsletter – Stay up-to-date with the latest ocean planning news and information on upcoming screenings.
- Follow Ocean Frontiers on social media!
4) Learn More / Ocean Planning Resources
National – US
Healthy Oceans Coalition
Keep the Ocean Working – Read personal stories in support of ocean planning
Industry Support letters – Diverse industries have been supporting ocean planning. See examples here and here.
National Ocean Council’s Implementation Plan
National Ocean Council’s Marine Planning Handbook
US Regional Overview – Data.gov
Northeast Regional Planning Body
Northeast Regional Council on the Ocean (NROC)
Northeast Ocean Data Portal – Mapping tool used in ocean planning
The Rhode Island Ocean Special Area Management Plan
Massachusetts Ocean Management Plan
Blue Plan for Long Island Sound – Bi-state plan for managing Long Island Sound
Mid-Atlantic Regional Planning Body
Mid-Atlantic Regional Council on the Ocean (MARCO)
Mid-Atlantic Ocean Data Portal – Mapping tool used in ocean planning
Virginia Coastal Zone Management – Learn more about statewide coastal programs
Virginia Beach Surfrider Chapter – sign up for their newsletter to get local updates on ocean planning
New York Ocean Plan (draft)
Other Regions – US